3M Transpore Surgical Tape
From: $18.50Buy Now
3M™ Transpore™ Surgical Tape
3M™ Transpore™ Surgical Tape
– Easy, straight, bi-directional tear
– Easy to handle with gloves
– Good adhesion to skin and tubing
– Transparent, porous
– Hypoallergenic and not made with natural rubber latex
– Water resistant
– Allows clinician to tailor the tape for the various dressings and devices
– Economical single use rolls
– Clear, porous, plastic hypoallergenic tape
– Transparent, perforated plastic tape that tears easily, works reliably.
– Securing tubing and devices (e.g., catheters, I.V. tubing)
– Anchoring bulky dressings
– When tape width must be customized
Product DetailsThe 3M Transpore tape is the premier choice for surgical tape. This hypoallergenic tape is ideal for securing tubing, devices, and bulky dressings, and its bi-directional tear, added with its ability to tear easily, makes it a great choice for when tape width needs to be customized.
The first aid tape’s transparent appearance provides better visualization of the skin for monitoring and diagnostic purposes. Wound dressings can be easily checked for drainage or seepage without removing the tape and offers strong adhesion properties. The tape is also perforated to aid in breathability and painless removal from the skin.
3M Medical Tape Product Details
• Easy, straight, and bi-directional tear
• Easy to handle with gloves
• Good adhesion to skin and tubing
• Transparent appearance
• Hypoallergenic and natural rubber – latex-free
• Water resistant
• Allows clinician to tailor the tape for various dressings and devices
• Solvent-free adhesive
• Economical single use rolls
• Clear, porous, plastic medical tape
• Perforated plastic tape tears easily
• Can be purchased in qty of 4, 6, 12, or 24
3M Transpore Surgical Tape is easy to handle, even while wearing surgical gloves. This makes it the ideal choice for healthcare professionals who practice wound care, especially with multiple wound sites. The tape’s ease of tearing allows the care provider to quickly place wound dressings for more efficient care. Its bi-directional tear makes it easy to get the right size and fit needed for the dressing. This tape can be used in applications where paper or cloth tape would cause skin irritation or inability to see underneath.
The 3M Transpore surgical tape is non-sterile and should not be applied directly onto an open wound. Instead, use the tape to secure gauze and wound dressings to the injury. 3M Micropore surgical tape is also available from Penn Care.
3M Transpore tape is a crucial addition to your medical supplies, perfect for EMS situations as well as longer-term care where secure dressings are critical. Ensuring that wound dressings and intravenous lines are properly secured is of utmost importance to patient care and well-being. Make sure your first aid kits are equipped with the right tape for the job.
Note: Wound care involves potential contact with biohazards and should only be done by trained professionals.
Common Applications for Transpore Tape
• Securing tubing and devices (catheters, I.V. tubing)
• Anchoring bulky dressings
• When tape width needs customized