The needle provides a simple, effective way to collect blood, helps reduce the possibility of accidental needlesticks and features one-handed activation technique.
*Penn Care requires Medical Director or Pharmacist-in-Charge authorization for purchases of this product. Please submit to Penn Care via email ([email protected]) or fax (330-544-0022). For your convenience, we have a Prescription Drug Authorization Form available below in the “Documents & Downloads” section. Once the form is filled out and received we will process your order.
The BD Vacutainer Eclipse™ Blood Collection Needle with Pre-Attached Holder is designed to help your institution comply with OSHA SHIB 10-15-03 (Disposal of Contaminated Needles and Blood Tube Holders Used for Phlebotomy). Plus, it’s ready to use right out of the package with no assembly required.
• Intuitive and easy to use, so there is minimal change to your technique
• Needle “Bevel up” orientation toward the pink safety shield provides easy identification of bevel position
• Safety shield is an “integral” part of the needle; eliminates the need for secondary safety accessory device
• Immediate one-handed safety feature activation reduces exposure time and doesn’t require a hard surface for activation
• Safety shield design allows hands to remain behind the needle at all times
• Each holder is engraved with the words “DO NOT REUSE” and “SINGLE USE ONLY” to serve as a reminder for single-use compliance.