One of our most popular acoustic scopes, the 603 combines outstanding acoustic performance with rugged durability, now with AFD technology!
The Adscope® 603 series features:
• Combination diaphragm/bell adult chestpiece precisely machined to exacting tolerances from surgical stainless steel for outstanding performance and rugged durability
• ADC’s AFD technology provides enhanced acoustic response
• Light pressure for low, bell-type frequency, firm pressure for high, diaphragm-type frequency
• Extra large bell (1 3/8″ diameter) for unsurpassed low-frequency response
• Ultra-sensitive diaphragm (1 3/4″ diameter) for greater amplification and crisper high-frequency response
• Non-chill bell and diaphragm retaining rims for patient comfort
• Clinician headset boasts reinforcing yoke molded into the flexible 22″ PVC tubing and stainless-steel binaurals fixed at 15º angle for greater comfort (tactical, copper, and iridescent models have aluminum binaurals)
• Tubing is soft and flexible and has been made without phthalates since 2014
• Adsoft™ Plus silicone eartips with new snap-on connection for the ultimate in wearing comfort and acoustic seal
• Includes accessory kit with two pairs of spare Adsoft™ Plus eartips
• Scope ID tag included
• Weighs 5.8 oz. (164 gr)
• Overall length 31″
• Assembled, inspected, and packaged in the USA
• Lifetime warranty covers all parts
The ADC Adscope 603 Acoustic Adult Stethoscope remains one of the most popular stethoscopes in the industry due to its quality and durability. This model comes with two extra pairs of ear tips and an accessory kit. The added ID tag helps you personalize your stethoscope so that you can identify it if you happen to misplace it.
The ADC Adscope 603 gained its reputation for precision because the adult chest piece is a combination diaphragm and a bell. It has been manufactured for precision with exacting tolerances. Constructed with surgical-grade stainless steel, the scope gives you an outstanding performance every time.
Durable and virtually indestructible, this stethoscope will last for years. ADC is so confident in their product that they offer a lifetime warranty on all parts.
ADC Adscope 603 Product Features:
• Combination diaphragm and bell chest piece (adult)
• Exacting tolerances
• Durable and rugged
• Enhanced acoustic response
• Light pressure (low, bell frequency) and firm pressure (high, diaphragm frequency)
• No-chill retaining rims on bell and diaphragm
• Accessory kit
• Two pairs of Adsoft Plus ear tips
• Scope ID tag
• Snap-on Adsoft Plus ear tips for comfort and acoustic seal
• Satin finish
• Lifetime manufacturer warranty
• Made in the USA
Combination Chest Piece
The enhanced acoustic response is possible because of the AFD Technology inside it, which combines the traditionally separate bell and diaphragm in a single, one-sided chest piece. There is a rubber gasket around the diaphragm's that allows you to change the frequency response by changing the contact pressure.
If you desire the low frequency response (or bell phase), hold the chest piece in the desired place, applying light pressure. Alternately, if you desire the high frequency response (pr diaphragm phase), then hold the chest piece in the desired pace. Then, apply firm fingertip pressure on the molded finger rest.
Bell and Diaphragm
The technology within the ADC Adscope 603 provides you with enhanced acoustics for the most precise responses. You can apply lighter presser for the lower, bell-type frequency. The bell itself is larger than most stethoscopes, measuring 3/8 diameter for superior low-frequency response.
Or, you can apply firmer pressure for the higher, diaphragm type frequency when needed. The 1 3/4 diameter diaphragm is extra sensitive. Because of this, it provides better amplification and a sharper high-frequency response. The bell and diaphragm have no-chill retaining rims that provide the patient comfort during the examination.
The clinician's headset has a reinforcing yoke molded into the flexible PVC tubing. Stainless-steel binaurals are at a fixed 15-degree angle for better comfort as opposed to copper, tactical, and iridescent models. (Those models are made with aluminum binaurals.)
When you adjust the headset correctly, the ear tips will point forward towards the bridge of your nose. This ensures a comfortable fit as well as a proper seal on the ear tips.
Flexible Tubing and Ear Tips
The 22" of tubing is extra flexible. The added softness makes it easier to use. ADC has made tubing without phthalates since 2014. The ADC Adscope 603 stethoscope also comes with two extra sets of Adsoft Plus ear tips. The ear tips are silicone and have an updated, snap-on connection. The connection creates a comfortable hold and an effective acoustic seal.
• Surgical stainless steel binaurals
• Flexible PVC tubing (no phthalates)
• Silicone ear tips
• Epoxy/fiber glass diaphragm
Dimensions and Weight for the Adscope 603:
• Bell (1 3/8 diameter)
• Diaphragm (1 3/4 diameter)
• Chestpiece weight: 3.1 oz (87.9 g)
• Total weight: 5.8 oz. (164 gr)
• Tubing 22" (53 cm)
• Total length: 31 (78.75 cm)
Assembled and inspected in the United States, the ADC Adscope is one of the most durable and accurate stethoscopes you can buy. If you are in need of a new stethoscope, consider the Adscope 603. It may be the last one you need to buy for yourself.